The way you think, on a daily basis, have a major impact on your attitude, moods and opportunities you see in your life.
You might be one of the grown up who looked at this street, as a disaster, but the kids saw an opportunity to go surfing in the street as never being possible before.
My Christmas present to you is an inspiring and beautiful new year, where I hope you will experience ease of life and progress. Can my reflections and thoughts, listed below, be of any help for you, then you are so welcome take the benefits from my experience and reflections as well, as you are welcome to pas on the reflections to someone you believe could benefit from them.
These tips will help you create a winning attitude, and help others to do the same.
Strive for Optimism.
- Having a positive attitude is something you should strive for. It isn’t something you are or are not, it is something you become.
What company do you keep?
- Do your friends have negative attitudes? Does it rub off on you? Many times the company we keep can affect our attitudes. If your group at work or home negatively affects your attitude, take the necessary steps to change the situation. If all else fails, change the people around.
When you know you need a change.
- When you know you aren’t happy, admit it to yourself and take action to reverse it. This is a very difficult thing to do especially when you aren’t in the mood to admit things to yourself. It may be hard, but it is worth it. When you are negative, realize it and change it.
Listen to What Others Say.
- We may like to tell ourselves that we are positive people, but it’s not always true. Listen to what your friends say about your attitude. They may say things that you don’t want to hear, but sometimes the best changes in life come from constructive criticism.
What Makes You Happy?
- When you know what makes you upset, you will be able to avoid these situations and save yourself the tension and frustration they bring. If it is a situation that you cannot avoid, learn how to make the best of it. This is vital to your attitude and mood. Your “happy” buttons will serve to improve your attitude again and again.
Appreciate the Things You Have.
- Look around you and learn to appreciate everything you have in your life. Your family, friends, career, home, food, car, etc., is enough to create a positive attitude because no matter how bad things get in life, we still must be thankful for everything we still have. Put things into perspective, and enjoy the good things in your life.
Think Twice before you Act Once.
- Look at problems logically. When you let emotion take over, you may do things that made sense at the time, but in the end – were not the best choices. Before you act, think about what your action(s) will cause. If a person does something wrong that negatively affects you, don’t attack. Think about the best response. Only after you have done this twice should you take action.
Respond VS. Reaction
- These two words are the difference between a happy, enthusiastic, positive person and a sad, frustrated, negative person. When anything happens in life that affects you, both directly and indirectly, respond to the situation. This means you think about it, use reason to find a solution, and take the appropriate measures. When you react, you skip the reasoning stage and do what comes naturally in the moment. This only serves to cause more problems and frustration. Respond, do not react!
Don’t Join the Gossip.
- Don’t join on the negative conversations around you. If you see a conversation heading towards that road, excuse yourself politely and leave.
Start in the Right Direction.
- Wake up with a smile and with energy. You have a lot to accomplish and enjoy today. Life is short, and you are going to make the most of this day, and every day after that.
Be prepared to open your mind and heart and listen with both.
- Focus in on interesting ideas, conservation, concepts and people you meet through your day, – planned or unplanned.
Associate with “positive” people.
- I would suggest you partner up in groups where you share interests and values, have similar main focus for your activities and similar positive mindset. High achievers, as to poor achievers with poor attitudes, rub their negative approach of to high achievers associating with either group. As a high achiever, don’t spend too much time, trying change the negative mentally state of the group, unless you really see a willingness to change. If you can’t see a intense willingness to change attitude, the best you can do for your self and the group, is move to another group with a most more positive mindset.
Tell your friends and colleges of new discoveries.
- Explain to them an idea or concept and share your passion and positivity. It is always great to get feedback from positive and competent colleagues. Sometimes this approach lead to information, that will help you obtaining valuable information, that makes your ideas come through, as people around you, wants’ to become a part of your success.
List and document your progress in discovering new ideas and your own potential.
- Keep a journal of your positive attitude and how it is affecting your outlook on your life and opportunities, how it is effecting how others perceive you, and how you feel in comparison to your “old” way of thinking.
Become a fast mover:
- Define your career goals by carefully researching your options and your interests.
- Make a commitment to following through with achieving your goals.
- Take responsibility for your future.
- Attribute academic successes to your efforts. Focus on the positives of your educational experiences. Let go of negativity.
Introduce yourself to people, that have the knowledge you need to succeed.
- It is easier to learn from someone you know and like.
Look to develop friendships with people who have similar interests and who have a positive attitude about life.
- Improving Your Attitude Toward the World and People in General.
Don’t listen to your mind’s negative thoughts.
- The nature of the human mind is for many people to offer worries, anxieties and fears too much attention. Our thoughts are very powerful and will determine our perception of the world.
Look for good qualities in people.
- When dealing with other people, such as friends and families, it is often easy to see their numerous imperfections. If somebody has annoyed or upset you, just try to think of their good qualities. It is by focusing on people’s good qualities that we are able to make progress. When we bring people’s good attributes to desirable qualities, we make these qualities stronger and more powerful.
Remember bad events can lead to good things.
- Often we wish things to occur in a certain way, when they don’t happen as we planned we feel miserable. However no matter what happens we should try to make the best of the situation we are currently in. For example if you are made redundant it may become an opportunity to try new things and a new direction in your life.
Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- It is easy to feel bad if your ego is hurt. Nobody like being made a fool in front of other people. However if you do not give too much attention to your ego and are able to laugh at yourself; you can turn embarrassing moments into opportunities for giving joy to yourself and others.
Difficulties lead to Progress.
- Trials and tribulations give us the opportunity to progress. It would be unwise to look for problems but if we come across difficult situations or people, we should look at this as an opportunity to overcome difficulties. For example, if we can learn to deal with argumentative- or dishonest- or revengeful- or hateful people, it will be of immense benefit in our life.
Remember the Benefits of Smiling.
- Even when the difficulties are seemingly insurmountable there is no harm in smiling at our difficulties. When we smile it releases the chemical, serotonin, which makes us feel better. Also others will respond better to people who are smiling.
- Your state of mind and attitude will undoubtedly affect other people. When you can look on the bright side of life you will definitely inspire others to do the same. This will encourage you to do the right thing. And facing a problem with the right attitude is not just good for you, but also for your friends and colleagues too.
Life is always moving on.
- Bad times don’t last forever. Say to yourself, “This too will pass.”
Live in the present.
- The past cannot be changed and the future may not come. Bear in mind that this could be your last day on earth because one day it will be! Life is too short not to make the most of every day we are lucky enough to be given. Do what you can do and let go of the rest.
Pay attention to nature as it is an endless source of joy.
- Take pleasure in the world around you. Listen to the birds singing, bask in the warmth of the sun on your skin, enjoy a cool breeze, notice the perfume and color of flowers. Feed your spirit with beautiful scenery. Take the time to visit a beautiful garden, or grow one of your own. If you can’t make the time, buy some fresh flowers so that you can still enjoy the beauty.
Count up the many good things in your life and be grateful rather than spending time concentrating on what you don’t have.
- Even just the gesture of giving away to someone on the road, builds a bridge of positive feeling between you.
Remember adversity can be an opportunity to learn more about your self and other people, and how to cope with life, however unpleasant the actual lesson may be.
Be active, get out there and see what the rest of the world is doing.
- Being active feels good and seeing what others are up to can actually inspire you to get more involved too.
My Christmas present to you is an inspiring and beautiful new year, where I hope you will experience ease of life and progress. Can my above reflections and thoughts be of any help for you, you are so welcome take the benefits from my experience and reflections, as well as you are welcome to pas on the above reflections to someone you believe could benefit from them.
Marcus Vigilius Brendstrup
CEO for MVMDCC.COM
NB. If you want to see a unique example, where my daughter in the age 0f only 4, without even knowing it, approaches life and the opportunities in life, with positive thinking, you should see this video: